Friday 20 April 2012

Wake Up Call

One of the best mornings I have ever had.


Yesterday, for lack of a better term, was a slopshow in my micro-grinding quest. My level of play was admittedly poor after taking some harsh beats at the tables. One of my goals should've ultimately been to leave the tables and go for a walk as soon as I felt my play was sub-optimal, but instead I broke a couple rules, took a few chances, and ended the day with high profits.


I came back to tournament life.


After vowing to stay the **** away until I reached 100 MTT buy-ins, I donked a fifth of my stack in a $2r (12K) this morning. The only justice here is that I played unbelievably well, only to finish 38th for $55. (AA < JTo on a xxxTJ board, all in pre.) My former self would've tilted the rest of his bankroll off in a cash game, but instead, realizing with only $70 in my new Stars bankroll, I needed to regain composure and went deep in the $3 turbo as well. So much for not playing tournaments anymore... (I blame the Assassinato, for having so many final table announcements and making +25k in the last week or so.)


Anyway, the main reason for this post is to announce I may be leaving Ottawa for the summer to go work with a friend in Lindsay. However comfortable I've become here, I'm almost positive I can't turn down the offer presented to me. While grinding the $5NL for profit has been, for lack of a better word, semi-non-profitable, I can't wait to have a steady 4-digit cheque to look forward to again every month, regardless of variance, bad play, or tilt. I am both excited and nervous for this venture, but by September, I hope my Stars bankroll and life bankroll is high enough to support myself while going to school. (If not, I've flirted with the idea of taking a year off again to work.) I realized a lot of my decisions lately have been based on pleasing others over doing what I truly want to do. (ie, NOT leaving $2k on Pokerstars, packing my bags, and grinding a sustainable income while living in the Dominican for a month or two, making internet cash, catching some waves.) 


Anyway, this post is long enough for your short attention spans, I'll just leave you with my sad cash chart for April 19th, and a hand of the day. Thanks again for taking time to read this, as I've said many, many, many, many, many times, it means the world to me to know this isn't all for naught. (For the record, I'm going to add a third chart, showing cumulative cash+tournament earnings as well. Just for all you graph junkies. :)


...enjoy this first hand of the Big $5.50 this morning as much as I did. (Literally, I laughed, shut my laptop, fell asleep.)


~~~~~



PokerStars - $5+$0.50|15/30 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com


UTG: 3,190.00
UTG+1: 2,990.00
UTG+2: 2,638.00
MP: 2,980.00
MP+1: 3,650.00
Hero (CO): 3,000.00
BTN: 2,780.00
SB: 2,910.00
BB: 2,440.00


SB posts SB 15.00, BB posts BB 30.00


Pre Flop: (pot: 45.00) Hero has Kh Kc


fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to 120.00, Hero raises to 390.00, BTN calls 390.00, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 270.00


Flop: (1215.00, 3 players) Tc 5d 7s
MP+1 checks, Hero bets 600.00, fold, MP+1 calls 600.00


Turn: (2415.00, 2 players) Td
MP+1 checks, Hero bets 930.00, MP+1 calls 930.00


River: (4275.00, 2 players) 8s
MP+1 bets 960.00, Hero raises to 1,080.00 and is all-in, MP+1 calls 120.00


Hero shows Kh Kc (Two Pair, Kings and Tens) (Pre 85%, Flop 81%, Turn 91%)
MP+1 shows Jd 9c (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 15%, Flop 19%, Turn 9%)
MP+1 wins 6,435.00


~~~~~









No comments:

Post a Comment